Distance learning Center/Support Contacts
SMISD Distance Learning Center
The SMISD Distance Learning Learning Center is here to assist, guide, and provide the Santa Maria Community with resources, and answers to their questions. Santa Maria ISD is working with Texas Education Agency (TEA) to provide internet access to every student who does not have internet access at home. Additionally, we are using our resources to provide a technology device for every student who needs one. Our goal is for every student to participate in synchronous (live) instruction if they choose remote learning. Following the instructions and guidelines from TEA and the Health Department, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. We have provided training and will continue to train our teachers and staff on how to use technology and its resources to enhance remote learning for our students. These are difficult times for everyone, but by working together we will meet the challenges. The community's support and patience is greatly appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Options for Returning to School for 2020-2021 School Year
Option 1: In school instruction- face to face instruction (Due to COVID-19, Cameron County has postponed this option until September 28, 2020)
● Classroom Instruction available for all students (Pre-K through 12th grade)
● Students will attend a class every day at their assigned campus
Option 2: Synchronized instruction (Live instruction at home)
● Live Classroom Instruction at home for students from 3rd grade to 12th grade
● Students need to have a technology device that has access to the internet
● Students must follow a full daily schedule established by the school
Option 3: A-synchronized Instruction at home
● This option is required for Pre-K through 2nd-grade students (These students may have some live instruction at home for short periods of time)
● This option is available for students in grades 3-12 who do not have access to a technology device with internet access.
● Students will be able to view pre-recorded lessons and work on assignments independently. In case there are any questions from students or parents, the school will provide a schedule regarding the availability of teachers throughout the week.
● The school will provide a daily schedule for teachers and students to monitor student learning and progress As per TEA, school grading policies for remote student work must be consistent with those used before COVID for on-campus assignments.
Logins and other Software Issues
Find support with Online Classes with the campus your child attends. Remember that support only pertains to assistance with logins and other software issues. These contacts won't have information on your child's assignments. Please contact the school directly if you need other information.
Tony Gonzalez Elementary (TGE)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TGE Phone: (956)565-5348
Middle School (SMMS)
Middle School Phone:(956)-565-6309
High School (SMHS)
High School Phone:(956)565-9144
If you need technical support, such as a computer won't turn on or damages, you will need to fill out the Techincal Support form.
Please click on the link below to fill out the Technical Support Form.